Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

SocEds, DS-5 Debug

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I'm using the web edition of the SocEds on Ubuntu 13.04. The only debug connection available is ethernet. I can build my project, but when I try to setup a debug configuration I get an error basically, no platform is available to choose from, 

"No platforms are available. Ensure that that the correct configuration databases are selected in the Preferences / DS-5 / Configuration Database panel. Platforms that are not licensed for use with this toolkit will not be displayed." 

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have a DS-5 license?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes, I followed the licensing request as suggested? how do I check the license?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I go under Preferences ---> DS-5 ---> Configuration Database I can see both, DS-5 Linux and bare-metal targets, and the DS-5 Android and Linux application targets , and both are selected

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I look at the configuration database, the directory listed "com.arm.debug.configdatabase.data.community_5.14.0.20130322_180833" the subdirectory "boards" does not have anything for altera SOC, listed. 

Is that normal? I would expect the target boards to be listed somewhere.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ok when I start eclipse directly from the /altera/13.0/embedded/ds-5/sw/eclipse directory then i can see the Altera stuff under target, but the ds-5 tools is not found and when I try to compile i get an error  

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -g -O0 -Werror -Wall -c hello.c -o hello.o 

make: arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: Command not found 

when I start eclipse under the command line then I dont get the platforms under target is empty 

any ideas?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So this morning I installed centos 6.4 ( altera recommend centos 5 i believe). Anyway when I run eclipse under just a normal user, not platform shows up under target for debug configuration, but when I run eclipse as root then it works fines, all the platform are available. 

I will run it as such until I understand what is going on.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

now getting some kind of licensing error? 

unable to connect to test 

reason: 

failed to connect to the device 

no such feature exist 

feature: ds_debugger_gdbserver
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I saw your post, and I am having trouble installing the Altera soc-eds on Ubuntu13.04 and/or Centos 6.4. I downloaded the file SoCEDSSetup-13.0.1.232.run and typed the command 

sudo ./SoCEDSSetup-13.0.1.232.run 

I get "command not found" error. Can you help?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you may need to do a chmod for it to run 

chmod +x SoCEDSSetup-13.0.1.232.run
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That worked. Thank you.

0 Kudos