Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Stratix10 Devices Don't Show Up (17.1 and 21.2)

XD3
Beginner

Just installed Stratix10 devices for both 17.1 and 21.2 copies of Quartus Prime we have.  

But Stratix10 doesn't show up on available device list.  We're using Linux.

Are these files dependent on licenses?  

I have attached screenshot of the 17.1 stratix10 device installation, and device selection screen.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
XD3
Beginner

Could someone from Intel check my license file?  I can email or send in private message.

License file is generated from a serial number of an Arria5 Starter Kit we got a few years ago, and maybe that doesn't include Stratix10 support?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

A license file issue wouldn't prevent you from seeing a device family in the New Project Wizard or Devices dialog box.

On that note, though, Arria V is not supported in Pro, so you would need a Pro license to work with Stratix 10 (which is only supported in Pro).

Make sure that when you did the installation you used the correct version of the .qdz file for the device family.  If there is a mismatch, it won't work.

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi,

Have you download device support files into the same directory as the Intel® Quartus® Prime software installation file?

Regards,

Ean

0 Kudos
YEan
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any update on your issue?

Regards,

Ean

0 Kudos
XD3
Beginner

Hi Ean,

Yes, I think the devices are installed correctly.   Is there a way to check?  Such as checking if certain stratix10 files are present?

Also, the license file created has product name of "Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition SW-QUARTUS-DKE"  I'm assuming this is the reason I don't have Stratix10 show up on device list?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That's a license for Standard, not Pro.  You need to be using Quartus Pro edition for S10.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi

Is it ok that we arrange a call to see what goes wrong from your side?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi

Is it ok that we arrange a call to see what goes wrong from your side?

0 Kudos
XD3
Beginner

Hi, this looks like a license issue. 

We purchased an Arria10 SOC board and used the serial# of that came with it to generate a Quartus Prime Pro license, and now are able to see Stratix10 devices.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

As I mentioned previously, a license file issue wouldn't prevent you from seeing a device family in the New Project Wizard or Devices dialog box if the device family .qdz file was installed correctly.  The only other thing I can think of is that you burned through the free 30 day trial without a license, but even then, I don't think you'd see the behavior you mentioned, so I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

It was quite weird that the Stratix10 device is not found in the Quartus. Still, I’m glad that you are able to solve the issue though other method.

With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos