Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

TEMPERATURE SENSOR IP in STRATIX10 SX , READ INCORRECT VALUE

RYang6
Beginner
0 Kudos
47 Replies
WGith
Beginner
Im glad to know that my code can work. Now I just need to figure out why only the temperature works and not the voltage on my design. Thank you
0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @WGith​  and @SZack​ , I have sent you a personal message.

0 Kudos
WGith
Beginner

JwChin,

I logged on and I dont see any new messages in my personal message box.

FYI: My code reads the temperature correctly on my production 085 Stratix 10 part, but I still either get nothing for voltage or temperature data format for one of hte voltages.

I am going to try a voltage only design and see if I can get voltage working standalone on my production fpga.

0 Kudos
SZack
Partner

Jw - would you be able to call me when you get in so we can try and figure out why you are getting different results than Will? My number (856-520-0355) is on US east coast time which I think is 12 or 13 hours behind you. I'd be happy to talk before 11pm my time

0 Kudos
WGith
Beginner
JwChin, I GOT IT WORKING! Both the voltage and Temperature IP at the same time. Here is what I did to get it working. 1. I used my state machine. 2. I used the S10Temp and VoltageSensor IP from YOUR project, not the ones I generated 3. No holding in reset was needed I had to modify the my code to use only 6 downto 0 for the S10Temp cmd_data signal, versus the newer 8 downto 0 as your IP is older I guess. So, this seems that I was right in that the IP generation is broken somehow. I don’t know what version you used, but for right now I will stick with it. Thank you for your patience, and hopefully you can relay back to the developers that there is something wrong in the IP generation for these blocks. --Will
0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @WGith​ 

That's good news! I am happy to hear that it is working now!

Have a nice weekend! 😄

0 Kudos