Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15466 Discussions

The attached LPM-counter symbol does not work.

OJin0
Beginner

I use Quartus (Quartus Prime 19.1) Lite Edition.

The attached LPM-counter symbol does not work.

The green text on the symbol is also weird.

Any problems?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Oksang,

I have seen the attached file there where you want to make a 16-bits up counter, what is the things does not work? Is it the simulation or the compilation. Besides, the weird which green symbol there is just a setting displayed whenever you select option in parameter setting.

Thanks,

Regards

OJin0
Beginner

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Counter14 does not work.

Today, LMP_COUNTER is newly loaded from IP-Catalog, but it does not work. Schematic and simulation wave photos are attached.

Best regards,

Oksang

OJin0
Beginner

When the system clock was designed with LMP-COUNTER (COUNTER_14), the system did not work.

OJin0
Beginner

This is a test bench file.

SyafieqS

Hi Oksang,

From the counter14_schematic.jpg, What I can tell is the the input pins clock is not connected. Try to connect the input first and also I not sure if that is the correct way to insert all 16-bits output pins.

Thanks,

Regards

OJin0
Beginner

The input pins clock (mclk_in) is connected by the output pin (mclk_out) to which co of PLL03_50 is connected and a hardware jumper on the board.

This is the same as the mclk_in signal in the attached simulation wave picture.

In addition, a schematic and simulated wave picture are attached.

Is there any more material you need to review counter14?

Best regards,

Oksang