Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16599 Discussions

Trouble using EPCS on Intel (Altera) DE10-standard

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using the DE-10 standard Intel FPGA. I'm trying to get a simple program that blinks a single LED to run when the FPGA is booted. From my understanding of the manual, the process involves converting my .sof file to a .jic file and using the Quartus programmer to place the .jic file on the FPGA. My .sof file does correctly work and the LED blinks. Practically every guide and tutorial I've seen follow this process and seem to get successful results. 

When I perform this process, Nothing seems to be saved into non-volatile memory. When I restart the board, all the LEDs are lit to their default brightness. When I initially start the program from the programmer, all of the LEDs go blank as if the contents have been erased. I'm not really sure where I can be going wrong. 

I asked for help on another forum asked to make sure that I configured my devices to Active Serial x1. I did this, but the program is still not saving to flash. 

For reference, I'm using altera's manual (page 121) (ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/intel_material/boards/de10-standard/de10_standard_user_manual.pdf

and this youtube video (https://youtu.be/eryag9zr0ek?t=18m50s

Any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I suspect on the .sof used to generate the .jic file, Check if you have selected a correct .sof file while generating .jic? 

Does programmer shows progress 100% successful while programming .jic? After that, you need to restart the board. 

Have you tried to Erase the EPCS device and program? 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes to all those questions. I am using the correct .sof file. I validated that the stand alone .sof file works on its own first. The .jic file does reach 100% when I click start in the programmer. I do restart the board. When I restart the board, all the LED's are lit to their semi-dim state (pulled up).

0 Kudos