Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WGall3
Beginner

Trouble with JTAG Server. Can't find Altera USB-Blaster in Quartus Programmer.

Hello All,

I am having a bit of trouble programming my Terasic DE0-CV board (Cylone V) with Quartus Prime Lite Edition 18.1. I am on Windows 7. I have the board plugged into a USB port and the Altera USB-Blaster appears in the Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. I went through the process of installing the proper driver for the USB-Blaster from the quartus\drivers folder the first time I plugged the board in. That part seems to be ok. The USB-Blaster appears to be happy. The problem begins when I attempt to program the board. The Quartus programmer cannot find the USB-Blaster under the Available Hardware tab. When I click Add Hardware I get an error message:

Attempted to accesss JTAG server -- internal error code 82 occurred

Plenty of other people have posted about this error in the past. One recommendation is to disable all firewalls. I have done this and restarted without effect.

I have seen the suggestion to use jtagconfig in the command prompt to debug the state of theJTAG chain. When I browse to intelFPGA_lite\18.1\quartus\bin64 and run jtagconfig --serverinfo

I get the result "JTAG Server is not installed"

This seems pretty clear. I can't use the programmer because the JTAG server is not installed. But how should I go about installing? My research seems to indicate that I should have a jtagserver.exe in my \bin64 folder but none is present. Am I mistaken about this?

Final question: Am I wasting my time with Quartus on Windows 7? Should I just switch to Ubuntu? I am more comfortable with Ubuntu anyway.

Any help with this JTAG issue would be greatly appreciated. It has been a struggle here for quite a while.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you just run below command share the image of the output?

>>quartus_pgm --auto

>>jtagconfig

Regards

Anand

NSook
Beginner

Hi. I'm having this same issue. When I type the above commands, I get that the command was not found. Is there some package to download to enable these commands? Thanks

WGall3
Beginner

Hi,

The solution that worked for me was to uninstall Quartus and reinstall while logged into an administrator account. I had no more issues after I did that . Hope it helps.

-Will