Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

USB-Blaster Driver Issues (Quartus II 13.1 Web Edition and Windows 7)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am having some issues with getting my driver to work properly and actually install my USB blaster for use through Quartus II 13.1 Web Edition. When I plug in my Altera Max II board into my USB slot, it does not install correctly and fails. Thus, when I open up Quartus, nothing shows up. 

I have tried the following methods to resolve this: 

1. Reboot my computer and press F8 and nullify any driver constraints 

2. Manually selected the directory for the computer to look for the driver 

3. Uninstalled and re-installed Quartus. 

When I try method two I get the closest to resolving the problem. Yet, it says that it can't locate any driver software and that I should go to the website and download driver software (?). 

Any tips? I am all-ears to options. All the previous errors that were similar to this have been with different versions of Quartus or different USB-Blasters etc.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

When I plug in my Altera Max II board into my USB slot, it does not install correctly and fails. 

--- Quote End ---  

Which MAX II Board? This one? 

http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-maxii-1270.html 

The USB connector on this board connects to an FT235B device that you can then access from the MAX II. This is not an on-board USB-Blaster. 

The kit comes with a USB-Blaster, and that cable should install the drivers under Windows 7 just fine. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I switched computers, did the same thing I did before and it worked! Interesting...

0 Kudos