Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

USB Blaster does not work on Quartus II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I installed the driver correctly from the altera installation folder and on the device manager everything is ok (Win XP 32bit). If I run the Programmer on Quartus II 10.0 there is no USB Blaster. If I press "Add Hardware" following error occurs:  

attempted to access jtag server -- internal error code 82 occurred 

Than I tried following: Manually restart the JTAG Server service by locating the jtagserver.exe program and at a command prompt for that directory, type jtagserver --install <Enter> And I got this in the command prompt: 

error 1073 installing service 

On a other Computer the USB Blaster works fine (Quartus II 9.1). I reinstalled Quartus II but without any success.  

What can I do? 

Thanks! 

EDIT: I naturally deactivated the firewall
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i meet the same question,but i cannot manage to slove it!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

En mi caso tengo 2 firewall, y me olvidava de desabilitar el segundo; desabilitando todos Ya funciono

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You don't have to disable the whole firewall. You can add a firewall rule to accept incoming connections on port 1309 from 127.0.0.1 (secure) or from anywhere (not too secure, but allows for remote access). 

this (http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/40014.aspx) article might help you in setting this up. 

Best regards, 

Ben
0 Kudos