Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

USB Blaster has stopped working

SBrow5
Beginner

I am running Quartus 16.1 standard on Windows 10, and have been debugging my firmware with SignalTap II connected through the USB-Blaster.  This has worked fine up until last night when it could no longer find the device.  I've tried different boards, I've tried a different USB blaster.  Nothing works.  If I go to the programming tool and debug the JTAG chain it shows the expected device (Cyclone V SX) and an unknown device.  It seems to be misreading the SOC?  What could have changed?  I've tried installing v20.1 but that USB Blaster driver won't install.

SBrow5_0-1619173514441.png

Any clues?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

That might be due to issue with USB Blaster. Kindly follow the workaround in KDB below (it is also applicable for USB Blaster):

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2021/why-does-the-intel--fpga-download-cable-ii-driver-installation-f.html

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos