Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Unable to Download Quartus 16.1, Quartus Help and Quartus Prime Programmer and Tools

SolidBanks
Novice

Signed in with account, ensured security and browser settings were appropriate and tried Internet Explorer. Chrome and Edge with no success in downloading Quartus 16.1, Quartus Help and Prime Programmer and Tools from https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/16.1/?edition=lite&platform=windows.

Could I please receive direct links or some form of alternative? My course requires these tools.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Jones,

Have you tried to disable any security,firewall and re download it? or ad-blocker if applicable? 

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
SolidBanks
Novice

Yes. I have troubleshot and absolved my security and browser settings, to include pop-up/ad blockers, etc, as the culprit.

It's a deadlink with a javascript:void(0). After reading multiple forum entries, it appears to me that this is an unfortunate common occurence.

A direct link or alternate means of getting these tools seems to be the only other option unless the links suddenly and inexplicably start working again...

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

I have no problem downloading those files using browser FireFox 80.0.1 and add-ins NoScript, Ghostery, AddBlockPlus, and PrivacyBadger. Running on Windows 7 64b.

Select files, request download, log in, asks file save location, wait a bit, done.

Javascript DOES need to be enabled in your browser, of course.

0 Kudos
SolidBanks
Novice

It, unfortunately, does not do the same for me. Still looking for support on this.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

I would say the problem looks to be in the configuration or setup of YOUR system, and not a problem with Intel's website. I would suggest you try using a different computer to download the files.

0 Kudos
SolidBanks
Novice

al6dn.....thank you for your suggestions but they are pretty basic troubleshooting steps that I have already taken. 

I will wait for official support because, as I've already mentioned, my research also highlights the pervasiveness of this issue, even in these very forums.

Again, thanks

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

I'm not sure Intel/Altera is in a position to debug your computer setup.

Be that as it may, you need to provide very specific info on your system configuration.

LIke:

What OS and version?
Antivirus and/or firewall software enabled? Versions?
What browser(s) and version(s)?
Specific add-ons enabled in your browser(s)?
Home or work network?
Behind a firewall (router) or direct internet connection?
IPv4 or IPv6 access?

Without the nitty gritty details you are going to get just generic responses.

0 Kudos
Hab
Beginner

Has anyone found a solution to this problem or can provide a direct link to 16.1.  I have tried from multiple computers with different firewalls - same thing.  

0 Kudos