Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Unable to connect to Quartus II Programmer JTAG Server

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to set up a JTAG Server on one PC and connect to it from another PC. I have installed Quartus II 10.1 Programmer on both PCs. On the first PC I have also installed an USB Blaster and configured a local JTAG server with password and "Enable remote clients to connect to the local JTAG server". Everything seems to work fine on the first PC, but it is impossible to connect to it from the second PC. When I do "Add server..." on the second PC, all I get is "Unable to connect". It doesn't matter whether I use the name or the IP address of the second PC. 

Both PC are running 64 bit Windows 7 Professional and I have disabled Windows Firewall on both. Both PCs are on the same IP subnet and they are connected to the same ethernet switch. Ping works fine between the the two PCs.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Too old thread, but I'm also facing very similar issue. Did you get any fix for it?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I got it to work. It was some problem with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the jtagserver.exe 

When I installed the full Quartus II software, it worked if I started the programmer from inside Quartus II 64bit. 

When I only had the stand alone programmer and signaltap installed, it was impossibe to get it to work.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, installing full Quartus II fixed the issue. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos