Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16611 Discussions

Unable to download the .SOF file onto DE1 SoC board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

I have a DE1 SoC board with Cyclone V FPGA. I am trying to run the Count Binary template on the NIOS II processor. I have constructed a QSYS system with all the necessary components. However when I try to download the .SOF file, I get the following error: 

error (209015): can't configure device. expected jtag id code 0x02d120dd for device 2, but found jtag id code 0x00000000. make sure the location of the target device on the circuit board matches the device's location in the device chain in the chain description file (.cdf). 

I am pretty sure that I am using the correct device and settings. I have successfully run Hello from NIOS program using the same technique and it works fine.  

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does the Quartus programmer 'Auto Detect' the correct JTAG chain? A JTAG code of 0x00000000 suggests the programmer can't find the device it's looking for. 

Go through the "JTAG Chain on DE1-SoC Board" section of the User Manual to confirm the integrity of your board. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos