Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Unable to install Flex license server

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just created my license for Quartus Std, Floating license edition. I then go to the instructions on how to start a new instance of the License Mgr (lmgrd), pointing at this license file. For some reason, it tells me "Invalid license file syntax" and gives error code: -2,40027.  

Can somebody help resolve this? 

Dave
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think I figured out the problem. I had configured the license file as specified earlier, but then got the impression that I wasn't supposed to do that first. This was a mistake on my part. Now that the license file has been configured, it looks like the license server is starting. Now I just need to configure Quartus to use it. I'm using the same machine for licensing as I am for Quartus itself. Hopefully this doesn't cause problems. 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You may need to contact Altera support. But it sounds like a simple error like you didn't save the license file correctly, or haven't specified the right file for the license server to use, or ....

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This problem has been resolved. It was just a misconfiguration of my license file.

0 Kudos