Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

Unable to install USB Blaster driver

PKH
Novice

QuartusLiteSetup-20.1.1.720-windows (Windows10 64bit)

Open Device Manager.

intelFPGA_lite/20.1

installing.....

There was an error during installation.

13 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you try the sequence below?

1 - Go to windows 10 settings and search for "advanced startup options" 

2 - Under Advanced startup, hit "Restart now" 

3 - After a moment, you'll get a "choose an option" screen - choose "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced options", then "Startup Settings" 

4 - You'll get a screen telling you what you will be able to change and a single "Restart" button - press it.

5 - If your boot drive is BitLocker encrypted, you'll need to enter the recovery key (press return, enter the key in the text box then hit return again - it took me three goes to realize I had to hit return before I could enter they key !) 

6 - You'll be given a menu of options, number 7 disables driver signature enforcement 

7 - When the PC restarts, use Device manager to update the drivers - this time you'll get a warning about the signature, but they install fine. 

8 - When you've finished, restart normally to re-enable signature enforcement

0 Kudos
PKH
Novice

Thanks.

The workaround by disable driver signature ​enforcement is not allowed by my company policy. 

Previously it could be used with existing drivers.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The reason that you are observing the issue is that the current driver you are using is having the driver signature expired. You will need to download the latest driver to resolved the issue.

Please refer to https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2021/why-does-the-intel--fpga-download-cable-ii-driver-installation-f.html

0 Kudos
PKH
Novice

You were right.
But what I'm looking for is not ii.
Please give me another URL.
I'm sorry.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Currently I do not have the link of the usb-blaster. We are currently working on updating the KDB to include USB Blaster

0 Kudos
PKH
Novice

Thanks.

So does that mean I can't use USB Blaster right now?

How long will the update work take?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which Quartus version are you using? If you are not using the latest version then could you try the latest version of Quartus Programmer with the blaster driver included?

0 Kudos
PKH
Novice

I tried the latest version.

Even the latest version has expired.

C: \ intelFPGA_pro \ 20.4 \ quartus \ drivers \ usb-blaster \ usbblstr.cat

Navigate to the'<Quartus installation path> \ qprogrammer \ quartus \ drivers \ usb-blaster' folder
Right-click on usbblaster.cat, select Properties, and select the Digital Signature tab.
Select the "IFDLII Production Key1" signature from the "Signature List" and click "Details".
Click View Certificate
"Valid from January 26, 2019 to January 25, 2021"

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please wait for the 21.1 release if you need to have the new driver signature.

0 Kudos
PKH
Novice

Thank you for a long time.

I really want to use it at work.

How long does it take?
Please let me know when it is released.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It should be by end of this Quarter.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The Quartus 21.1 is released. Please download the Quartus Pro edition to get the updated driver

0 Kudos