Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16610 Discussions

Unable to run Intel HLS examples

NSuku1
Beginner

Hi all,

I installed the Quartus Prime Pro version 17.1 with HLS compiler and Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Professional. I followed the steps given in the HLS compiler getting started guide. When I ran the following command

init_hls.bat

It was complaining for the Visual Studio path and I have setup manually.

When I ran the examples such as QRD or Counter, I get the following errors as

string.h not found or queue not found

which means that it is unable to locate the standard libraries.

I would like to know whether the Visual Studio should be in specific path for the HLS to use ?

How does the HLS finds these standard libraries?

Kindly help me in resolving these issues.

Thanks in advance!

Nivetha

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Which version of Visual Studio have you installed.. have you installed the one supported by Intel Quartus tools aka 2010 version?

0 Kudos
NSuku1
Beginner

Hi!

I mentioned that I have installed Quartus Prime Pro 17.1 with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 which is mentioned by Intel.

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Can you try running the init_hls.bat file in an elevated command prompt (one with Administrator privileges) and check if it works.

0 Kudos
NSuku1
Beginner

Hi! Thanks for helping me in resolving this issue. I will try whether it works with the admin rights. But, I am afraid that I may not be able to get the admin rights always to use the tools.

Thanks,

Nivetha

0 Kudos