Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Unrecognized compilation error

I recently installed a fresh version of Quartus Prime Lite 18.1 on Linux. I have a Cyclone 10LP development kit and am trying to compile one of the example projects included. I have compiled the same project on a previous install so I know it works. No other warnings.

I am getting an error from the EDA Netlist Writer:

Error (20268): Functional simulation is off but it is the only supported netlist type for this device.

I have never modified any netlist types and haven't found any info online or looking through some Quartus manuals or through the software.

All suggestions and feedback are appreciated. Thanks

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Novice

Update: I have continued searching and have found a documented list of a deeper explanation of all the error codes produced by the standard Quartus synthesis process. Error code 20268 is not listed.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#msgs/msgs/msgs.ht...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi, I tried to replicate the issue & I observed same behavior for windows & Linux platform for Quartus 18.1 lite but It worked for Quartus 18.0 lite on both platform. Please,try to perform the 'EDA Netlist Writer' after deleting 'db' and 'Incremental_db' directory from project directory. Regards, Vikas
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Vicky,

Thanks for the suggestion. I removed the db and incremental_db directories and attempted a recompile and received the same results.

I will try to roll back to 18.0 to see if it is an update issue.

Thanks,

-Taylor

** Update: The same program will compile as expected on v18.0. I will continue using v18.0 until I see something about it in a future release.