Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15380 Discussions

Update Driver Software - USB-Blaster Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software fo

atilley
Beginner

When I tried to Update Driver in Device Manager after plugging in a USB Blaster Rev.C, I got the Windows error "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device"

I found this article which said I needed to install the standalone software as a workaround:

Update Driver Software - USB-Blaster Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software fo...

But that did not fix the problem and had the same result.

I am on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.985, Quartus Prime 20.1.1 Build 720 11/11/2020 SJ Lite Edition

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

I believe the link you referred to is only applicable to  Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro edition software version 17.0 and 17.1.

Please refer to our KDB below( It is applicable to both USB Blaster and USB Blaster II)

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base...

Hope this help.

Regards,

Aiman

NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.