Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Upgrade error from Quartus 12.1 to Quartus 13.1

syam
Novice

We have a legacy target design done using SOPC builder Quartus 12.1. When we try to upgrade it to QSYS in Quartus 13.1 we are getting an error (pic attached). 

Is there any way we can get the Quartus 12.1 software ?

Is there any work around for the upgrade error we are seeing ?

Best Regards

Syam

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

The Quartus II v12.1 has been discontinued. You have to upgrade the design to the latest software version.

The error indicates that the component is not available in the library. Since the component mentioned is not compatible, you have to add the component from IP Catalog and reconnect.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
syam
Novice

Thanks. We cannot open the SOPC design. So how will we delete and reconnect the incompatible component ? 

The upgrade process because of the error (screenshot shared earlier) doesn't load any target design even as an incomplete design. Kindly help. 

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Could you share the steps and screenshot of what you see after closing this window in the error.jpeg? Opening Qsys with missing component will show the component in red.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
syam
Novice

Thanks. Please view the attached video which shows the whole import process at our end with the error message. 

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Since the Quartus II v12.1 has been discontinued, it is no longer available for download. In this case, you have to recreate the design in the platform designer.

If you want to have the access to the discontinued software version, you may contact FAE / sales representative for more information.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
syam
Novice

Thanks. Can you please get me the contact of the FAE in my region. I am based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. 

Best Regards

Syam

0 Kudos
syam
Novice

Ok. Thanks for the support. 

Best Regards

Syam

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Syam,

You may contact the sales here

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/company-overview/contact-us.html

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos