Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15477 Discussions

Using IPs on a Verilog code

Shainy
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using an IP for a multiplier and an accumulator, and I'm quite unsure of how to use it in my Verilog code. I built a block diagram for it, but I need to control the number of times these 2 ips function, before they're reset. 

To give a little background, I want the multiplier to multiply n number of values sets, and send them to the accumulator, which will accumulate the the n number of values sent, and send the final value to the output buffer.

Could someone kindly guide me on the steps to be taken? Thanks a bunch!

Best Regards,

Shainy

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think folks on this board are going to want to see the code you have so far and then can help you edit or finish it.  

Shainy
Beginner

Hi Sstrell,

Thank you for your reply! I'm actually a bit lost on how to use the ip I've created on my verilog code. I tried looking for ways and examples on the internet, but I was not able to. Am I to use it as a library, or a module, or a function, or am I supposed to instantiate it in a module? 

Thanks,

Shainy

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Simple instantiation.  The IP Parameter Editor (or older Megawizard Plug-In Manager) generate instantiation templates to help you instantiate the IP in your code.  Look for _inst files or, in the IP Parameter Editor, you can go to the Generate menu and look at the instantiation templates there.

Shainy
Beginner

Will try this. Thank you so much!

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks @sstrell for the guidance.

@Shainy

Please feel free to keep us posted on your finding.

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.