Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Using submodule-naming-pattern[=<value>] for ip-generate with script

CBRUN12
Beginner

Hi everyone, 

I have generated an altera_soft_lvds IP from the IP Catalog of Quartus Prime and I got three useful files :

• altera_soft_lvds.qip
  • altera_soft_lvds.v
  • altera_soft_lvds_0002.v (located in a sub_folder)

I would like to re-generate this IP with a Makefile from only the altera_soft_lvds.qip and altera_soft_lvds.v files (altera_soft_lvds_0002.v is not saved in our Git server)

I "succeed" to re-generate the IP with the following command :

ip-generate --mw-variation-file=altera_soft_lvds.v --file-set=QUARTUS_SYNTH --output-name=altera_soft_lvds

but I get only ONE .v file (altera_soft_lvds.v) instead of 2 files (altera_soft_lvds.v & altera_soft_lvds_0002.v)

Someone knows how to re-generate this IP with the same file structure ? I think this is with the --submodule-naming-pattern option but I'm not sure and I don't understand how to used it.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

HI @CBRUN12​ 

Would you try using the GUI to regenerate files instead of running over the command lines?

0 Kudos
CBRUN12
Beginner

Hi @JwChin​ 

I would like to use the command lines instead of the GUI.

By using the command lines, the number of generated files is not the same as GUI (total of 1 .v file with command lines instead of 2 .v files)

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Would you check if running the GUI would generate the same number of files? I want to know what is the results of GUI vs command line.

0 Kudos
CBRUN12
Beginner

GUI vs command line doesn't generate the same number of file:

• GUI: 3 files (altera_soft_lvds.qip, altera_soft_lvds.v, altera_soft_lvds_0002.v)
  • Command line: 2 files (altera_soft_lvds.qip, altera_soft_lvds.v)

Both work properly but file construction is not the same.

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @CBRUN12​ 

Are there significant benefit running over command lines over GUI?

I believe the GUI has other commands running on the background besides the one you are running.

I would recommend that you generate the files using the GUI and not via the command lines.

0 Kudos