Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

VS2010 build opencl host fail problem

I use VS2010 to build opencl host program. 

But I can not build it successfully. 

Before builing the code, I already run the batch file to st PATH. 

But VS2010 still has error message, how to solve it. 

The error message as below: 

1>InitializeBuildStatus: 

1> Touching "x64\Release\matrix_con.unsuccessfulbuild". 

1>SetCompileConfig: 

1> ERROR: Could not find the 'aocl' command when trying to execute 'aocl compile-config'. 

1> Please ensure that '%ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\bin' is on the path; refer to the Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM) Getting Started Guide for more information on setting up your environment. 

1> 

1>Build FAILED. 

1> 

1>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.02 

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== 

batch file: 

set ALTERAOCLSDKROOT=C:\intelFPGA_pro\17.0\hld 

set AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT=C:\intelFPGA_pro\17.0\hld\board\a10_ref 

set PATH=%ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\bin;%PATH%;%ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\host\windows64\bin;%AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT%\windows64\bin;%ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\windows64\bin
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I see multiple spaces in your environmental variables, is this because of bad copy/pasting? 

You can open a cmd shell and type "aocl" to see if it works. If it doesn't it means the environmental variables are incorrect.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

I see multiple spaces in your environmental variables, is this because of bad copy/pasting? 

You can open a cmd shell and type "aocl" to see if it works. If it doesn't it means the environmental variables are incorrect. 

--- Quote End ---  

Dear HRZ, 

multiple spaces is due to copy/past, there is no multiple spaces in my batch file. 

set PATH=%ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\bin;%PATH%;%ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\host\windows64\bin;%AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT%\windows64\bin;%ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\windows64\bin 

I type "aocl compile-config" in cmd shell. 

It works, but there is an error message(ERROR: Could not find the 'aocl' command when trying to execute 'aocl compile-config'.) in VS2010. 

I still can not build host program in VS2010. 

CMD SHELL: 

D:\Acer_temp\opencl_altera>aocl compile-config 

-IC:/intelFPGA_pro/17.0/hld/host/include 

D:\Acer_temp\opencl_altera

Thanks, 

Matt
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

There must be some problem with the Visual Studio configuration, then. Have you checked your configuration against the steps mentioned in the getting started guide (https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/aocl_getting_started.pdf)?