Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Voltage indication incorrect in timing analyzer doc

13 Replies
AEsqu
Novice

Well, I see that in the timing analyzer of arria 10 it is 900 mV for all cases.

So I guess this is the nominal voltage and that the doc should not mention low or high voltage in that case.

doc should just mention that there are different processes (slow/fast) and temp (and not mention voltage in the table).

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Table2 explains the general interpretation of different operating conditions. It is not specifically for Arria devices.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

I know it is general,

but my remark still applies,

the table shows different corners for process and temperature,

but not for voltage variation, as they are the same.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may contact our documentation team by clicking on the send feedback in the document. 

Capture.PNG

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

Can you contact them (point to this topic?).

Next time I will use the feedback.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

I found a KDB that explains about this.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd10232012_672.html

The timing models used by the software are named using the nominal Vcc voltage, not the maximum and minimum supported Vcc operating conditions.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

mmm, Why are the timing analysis figure not showing 870mV for slow and 930 mV for fast model in the quartus gui?

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Every device has different supported Vcc operating conditions. As mentioned earlier, the table is a general interpretation of different operating conditions. it is not device specific. The note (1) in the table states that customer has to refer to the applicable device Handbook for Vcc value.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

I mentionned under quartus timing analyzer GUI,

Quartus  knows which FPGA is being used,

so why is it not mentionning the proper voltage?

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

I understand your concern. I have filed a case to our engineering for enhancement. Thanks for providing feedback to us.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Since your feedback has been channeled, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos