Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Warning 10230

ElizabethJaison
Beginner
Hi,
I got a warning in my module.

Warning (10230): Verilog HDL assignment warning at OFDM_demod_block.v(274): truncated value with size 21 to match size of target (11)

This warning is shown in the below line of the verilog code .
rd_addr_cp_data <= timing_offset - r_no_of_addr_subtract;
where
timing_offset--> timing offset[20:0] coming from another module.
rd_addr_cp_data --> read address of a 2 port ram used to store the input data coming from previous module

Here rd_addr_cp_data is of 11 bits , r_no_of_addr_subtract of 16 bits and timing_offset is of 21 bits. That's why they are showing warning. So if i change the depth in order to change the address bit width to 21, the max depth that the RAM support is 16384 (which is 2^14).
And also the depth shouldn't be changed as per design (currently it is 2048).
The max value of timing_offset is 160*7680-1( it is a 21 bit value).
That is, in order to clear the warning, I can't change the left hand side and right hand side bit widths of the equation.
So is there any other way to remove this warning?

Best regards,
Elizabeth
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It's just a warning.  You don't have to make a change to get rid of it.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Elizabeth.

Can you check below KDB if is applicable to you? Seem same issue there and the workaround could be helpful.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd06102014_970.html

0 Kudos