Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

What is VTAP10?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys. So I have my Max 10 development kit installed and am checking to be sure I have the drivers installed properly. Quartus Prime 17.1 is running fine. :cool: 

But now I have what seems to be a problem.  

The Intel Max10 Dev board runs the included board software OK, when it comes to using the programmer, I have questions. 

I have been able to get a simple design to program and run, but only after fiddling with 'auto-detect', and removing a detected hardware called VTAP10. 

There is no VTAP10 showing up in the tutorial demo I followed, but the tutorial was using 15.0.  

I could use a little help. What is VTAP10 and how does it fit into the picture? 

Is the VTAP10 hardware part of the Altera/Intel Development board, or am I looking at a bad USB-blaster driver install or other mess up? 

What documentation should I reference to understand this part better? Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

--- Quote Start ---  

Is the VTAP10 hardware part of the Altera/Intel Development board, or am I looking at a bad USB-blaster driver install or other mess up? 

What documentation should I reference to understand this part better? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, it is virtual JTAG device is provided within the Onboard USB-Blaster II and it provides access to diagnostic hardware and board identification information. 

Refer MAX 10 FPGA Development Kit User Guide for “VTAP” & bellow thread, 

https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-max10m50-fpga-dev-kit.pdf 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49595 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

Intel Customer Support – Engineering 

(Under Contract to Intel)
0 Kudos