Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

What is pm_uc_ww49p5_main.hex?

BGrat
Novice

After changing the Memory Editor to read byte-addresses instead of word-addresses I am getting the warning

Warning (113006): Word addressed memory initialization file "pm_uc_ww49p5_main.hex" was read in the byte-addressed format

I get that warning twice in a row. I don't have any idea where that file belongs. It is not in my project, but is at: C:\intelFPGA\17.1\quartus\common\devinfo\20nm\nightfury3

I am wondering if it is the lowest level loader for the ARM core.

Anyone have any clues?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee
Hello, Are you trying to read the memory content of on chip memory on FPGA in Quartus? Or is it the memory editor in Eclipse? The on chip memory is initialized with a default hex file, unless the developer would use a specified hex instead of the default one, or disable the default initialization file.
0 Kudos
BGrat
Novice

Hello,

I am not trying to read the content of the on-chip memory--only trying to understand the boot process at the lowest level. If it is possible to edit or modify the pre-loader, that would be interesting to me--even if we most likely would not do that.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee
0 Kudos