Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

When will Quartus be built against libpng16?

SBoyc
Beginner

libpng12 is currently not used by Linux distros as it has a number of security vulnerabilities.

quartus: error while loading shared librariies: libpng12.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

If you build and install libpng12, quartus complains about libsys_ictq.so

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RRomano001
New Contributor I

Hi SBoyc, libpng12 still is supported and deprecated.

Are you ok with error? if not I also reported and posted instruction on how to cure this error with last revision of libpng.

A lot of many other thing need be addressed on Linux and toools too, like PLL editing.

Regards

0 Kudos
SBoyc
Beginner

Thanks ... I have not seen the workaround and there is another guy who also reported the problem.

There is a libpng12 packages for Ubuntu but they fail to install.

root@sdrbox1:/usr/src# dpkg -i libpng12-0_1.2.54-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb

(Reading database ... 232019 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack libpng12-0_1.2.54-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking libpng12-0:amd64 (1.2.54-1ubuntu1.1) ...

dpkg: error processing archive libpng12-0_1.2.54-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb (--install):

unable to install new version of '/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng12.so.0': No such file or directory

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.29-0ubuntu2) ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

libpng12-0_1.2.54-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb

root@sdrbox1:/usr/src#

0 Kudos
RRomano001
New Contributor I

Hi SBoyc, this was what I encountered on new install Mint 19.x vs Ubuntu 18.x, old one still was cured very a long long time ago.

Libpng must be installed from source, latest revision.

Linux on front of Winz user has a big issue: it work for a long time driving user to forget how they installed.

Winz instead with frequent crashes and update refresh his user to serve it and get user exercised on how to cure instead of do their jobs.

Regards

Roberto