Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Where is the download link for quartus 15.1 and its update

JerryYau
Beginner

I had a old project which uses an old INTEL FPGA to implement functions. Now I need to migrate the FPGA to MAX 10. But some IPs are not available on new quartus. And I got information quartus 15.1 and its update still has IPs I need.  However, I could not the download link from the INTEL quartus download web site.

I summit this request to the Intel Support and had been rejected. It asked me to post the request here.

JerryYau_0-1652839078483.png

Hope someone can help me to solve this issue ASAP.

Thanks

B/R
Jerry Yau

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Well, you are not going to like the answer. Intel has deprecated much of the older Altera software, and it is no longer available online.

Quartus II 13.0sp1/13.1 are available to support older devices.

Quartus Prime 17.0 and later are available for download for current devices. Latest version is 21.1 for lite version.

Other versions are no longer accessible online, including any of the MaxPlusII software.

Download software link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/669557/intel-quartus-prime-lite-edition-design-software-version-17-0-for-windows.html

I have no way to read what is in the picture you posted but I assume it is pretty much telling you what I said above.

Supposedly if you have access to an Intel Premier Support account you can request the software offline (Intel still has it, they just don't offer it online anymore). But you have to be a special customer to Intel to get one of those accounts (like high purchase volume). I have not heard of anyone achieving success in getting access to older versions. There are typically a few requests every couple of weeks like this, someone asking for an old version.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What IP is in an old version and not a new version that you need?

0 Kudos
JerryYau
Beginner

Hi @sstrell ,

LPM_ADD_SUB / lpm_LPM_CLSHIFT and more(I forgot name).

Thanks

B/R

Jerry Yau

0 Kudos
JerryYau
Beginner

Intel sent me a mail to aks me this issue had been fixed or not.

I only can say, Intel and its distribution can't solve my problem even I pass this issue through  Intel Premier Support. I just need a specific quartus 15.1 to porting Intel old device to new device and what I need to waste so much time to do this. And got nothing.

My God.

I just want to finish my job and mass production. Get profit for both Intel and my company. Intel doesn't help me.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Altera used to have online access to all the old versions of software. You could download any version at any time.
For whatever reasons (trying to minimize support costs, I assume) Intel in 2020 IIRC deprecated a lot of legacy Altera software.
So MaxPlusII, Quartus, and a lot of other support software (eg, JAM STAPL Player source) were all taken offline, and no longer available.
So those engineers tasked with supporting old legacy designs are sometimes going to be SOL.

I have always made it a habit of, when starting a new design with some vendors software, of making archive copies of all required installation files, including specific versions of Windows OS software, if required. So in your case I would just pull out the Quartus 15.1 install media and install on a new system and be ready to go.

But if you are a new designer tasked with taking over a legacy project with the original designers long gone, that may not be an option.
There is no good answer. Intel has made a business decision that support of legacy designs does not matter to them.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello @JerryYau

Could you provide details for checking, see if we could help you further.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
JerryYau
Beginner

Hi @AR_A_Intel ,

A PM had been sent to you.

Thanks

B/R

Jerry Yau

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Got it, give me some time for further checking. Tq

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Continue support in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
JerryYau
Beginner

Hi @AR_A_Intel 

Please see private message. I had given you what you need. Please tell me when I can get what I want.

Thanks

B/R
Jerry Yau

0 Kudos