Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Where to find Cyclone 10 LP device files for Quartus Prime Pro?

BillBatty
Beginner

I have a current install of Quartus Prime Pro (22.3.0 Build 104 09/14/2022 SC Pro Edition) and am trying to open a project from a couple of years ago that used an older edition of Pro to create a project on a Cyclone 10 LP.  When I attempt to open the project on 22.3 I'm get the error that the device isn't supported (Agilex, Arria 10, Cyclone 10 GX or Stratix 10 only). I try opening the project on Quartus Prime 21.1 SE and get the following error : "This project uses the Quartus Prime Pro Edition compilation directory structure. It can only be opened in the Quartus Prime Pro edition."

I look here on support for anything like a Cyclone 10 LP device file for Quartus Prime Pro, and find nothing. Any suggestions for options that won't cost me days worth of work?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I

What version of Quartus exactly did you use to create the original project, and what device exactly did it target?  To my knowledge, no version of Quartus Pro ever supported the Cyclone 10 LP family, so there's some confusion here about the starting point.

I suggest that you examine the original .qpf and .qsf files to answer the questions above.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Yeah, Cyclone 10 LP is only supported in Standard.  It sounds like you opened the project in Pro and it somehow successfully converted it into a Pro project.  Once a project is Pro, it cannot be opened in Standard or converted back to work in Standard.  I'm just not sure how you were able to open it in Pro since the device is not supported there.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

Cyclone 10 LP is only supported in Quartus Prime Standard and Lite edition: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/central-libraries/us/en/documents/quartus-prime-compare-editions-guide.pdf

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos