Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Why am I getting "clearbox.exe has stopped working" when I run the ALTMULT_COMPLEX Megawizard?

DWhit11
Novice
  • ALTMULT_COMPLEX Wizard error.pngRunning both Quartus 18.0 and 18.1 (both lite) on Windows 10 - when I start the wizard clearbox.exe popups up a stopped working. The wizard UI runs through but isn't generating the files correctly after exiting the wizard. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Vicky1
Employee
Hi David, Which device are you using? Thanks, Vikas
0 Kudos
JanSch
Novice

Hello I am facing exactly (!) the same problem. I am using a "DE2-115" board together with the "Quartus 18.1.1 Build 646 SJ Lite Edition" on a "Win8.1prof" installation.

Has a solution to this been found in the meantime?

0 Kudos
JanSch
Novice

A reinstallation solved the problem (... before that uninstall and delete all remaining registry keys and file relics).

0 Kudos
DWhit11
Novice

Hi Vikas,

Cyclone V (5CSEBA6U23I7)

Dave

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Dave,

I tried to replicate your issue but I couldn`t replicate, please refer screenshot.

Can you check with different IPs?

ALT_MULT.JPG

Thanks,

Vikas

0 Kudos
DWhit11
Novice
Hi Vikas, I’ve been through all the IP in the Basic Functions -> Arithmetic folder (NOTE as 18.1 didn’t fix my problem I’m reverted to 18.0.0 (Build 614) Lite) The following IP popped up with the clearbox.exe error on opening: LPM_COMPARE PARALLEL_ADD LPM_DIVIDE ALTSQRT ALTMULT_COMPLEX All of the other Arithmetic IP were OK. I noticed that on all of the above the “Resource Usage” box doesn’t populate Dave
0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Dave,

Actually I tried with Q16.1, Q18.0 & Q18.1 Lite that too different-different machines but I haven`t come across the issue you are facing.

Could you please help me to check at your end with different machine?

I will also check in parallel with Q19.1 Lite, if possible you can also check with latest version.

thanks,

Vikas

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Dave,

Can we get any update by using different machine? if possible to you..

or should I consider to be close this case?

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
DWhit11
Novice

Hi Vikas,

I have access to another Windows 10 machine today - I'll try it on that.

Kind regards,

Dave

Vicky1
Employee

Hi Dave,

Any update..

or should I consider to be close this case?

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
DWhit11
Novice
Hi Vikas, I ran it yesterday in another Windows 10 machine and didn’t get the “clearbox.exe” error – but it still didn’t generate the .cmp or _inst.vhd files. I can work with this. Kind regards, Dave [cid:image005.png@01D4F372.74CE5E90]
0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Dave,

It seems that "clearbox.exe" issue is with your specific machine and it might be due to Quartus temporary files so I would suggest you to take backup first & then remove the below suggested files,

Must take backup of all files first & keep it at different place/device 

Perform the below steps,

1.Create a backup of following files located at “C:\Users\<user name>”

•    quartus2.qreg
  •    quartus2.ini
  • Remove these two files first, and then try re-launching Quartus

2.If the problem still persists please try same with “.altera.quartus” file located in same directory.

please update me , how it works for you.

Thanks,

Vikas

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Dave,

May I know any update..

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee