Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Why not supply IP Docs with QuartusII install?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when I use IP ,I have to connect Internet .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

it should be provided

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In older versions of Quartus, they did include most of the IP documentation. I think it was in Quartus II 10.0 that they changed it to always reference the documenation on the Internet. In general, I like the old way better. The only thing good about having it always go to the Internet is that you are sure you are getting the latest version.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I always grabbed the IP documentation online by habit. In fact it was a long time before I even knew they included it with the install. I have no authority on this but it seems feasible that Altera actually monitored that kind of traffic on their website and that my have played a role in deciding to keep all documentation online. Again I really don't know but it seems plausible. 

Going online is really the only way to make sure you're getting up-to-date info unless of course your browser is caching it (I've had that happen). 

Jake
0 Kudos