Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Work-groups' number

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I would like to say how I can set the number of work groups. I know the attribute "reqd_work_group_size(X,Y,Z)" allows to establish the number of W-I inside a work group (W-G's dimension) in three dimensions but it is not clear to me how to decide the number of these W-G. Could you help me? Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The local size (number of work-items per work-group) and global size (total number of work-items) are both set in the host code and passed as arguments to clEnqueueNDRangeKernel(). The number of work-groups per dimension is equal to global size per dimension divided by local size per dimension. If you are using reqd_work_group_size() in the kernel, the local size you pass to clEnqueueNDRangeKernel() in the host code MUST match the numbers you pass to reqd_work_group_size() or else the kernel launch will fail.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok thanks. Then the numbers in the attribute "reqd_work_group_size" represent the local size (in three dimensions) not the global size, is it correct? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Ok thanks. Then the numbers in the attribute "reqd_work_group_size" represent the local size (in three dimensions) not the global size, is it correct? Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, it represents the local size (also called work-group size).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Perfect. Thanks yor your help

0 Kudos