Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Working with multiple projects

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am currently working on two Quartus projects, 'project A', and. 'project B'. There are times when it would be useful to have both designs open at the same time.  

It seems that I can have two copies of Quartus running with one project in each. 

However... 

If I open 'project A' first, 'project B' second and then start to work on 'project A' things start to go wrong.  

In 'project A', using the megawizard plugin manager to create a new custom megafunction, the path for the output file points at the directory for 'project B'. I.e the path points at the directory for the last project opened rather than the directory for the currently selected project. 

Any suggestions appreciated. 

Ian.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Annoys the heck out of me too. Can you file an SR on this? There's no reason it shouldn't be changed. (I think the Megawizard is a separate tool and when called, looks at the last opened project. This is fine if you called it from the Start menu, but there's no reason it can't recognize if it's called from Quartus.) But as long as you're aware of it, you can hopefully accomodate until your SR gets it fixed...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Rysc 

Thanks for info. I have created a SR for this so maybe it will be fixed. 

Cheers 

Ian.
0 Kudos