Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Wrong font size in Quartus, options are not visible

Kai39
Novice

Please see the pictures below. Those fonts are either too big or too small, and it's hard to use Quartus under this situation. I tried to change the windows setting or font size setting, but none of them works. I reset my laptop and reinstall Quartus, but still failed. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Here's a KDB source that can help with your problem: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd11102011_840.html

Let me know if this solves your solution,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Kai39
Novice

It did change how the interface looks like, but still some problem exists.

Please see the attached photo for more detail.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi there,

We did not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If any answer given by the community or Intel Support are helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Have you tried changing the fonts from the settings in Quartus? If not, go to Tools>Options>General>Fonts

Can you let me know what version of Quartus you're using if the above solution doesn't help?

Nurina

0 Kudos
Kai39
Novice

Yes, I tried several times, but always, those normal fonts become smaller and the wrong fonts don't change. Also, in the picture below, the bottom of "general" disappears.

My current version is Quartus Prime 20.1 Lite Edition, just downloaded a few days ago.

Thank you very much.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

OK, this is a DPI scaling issue. Your monitor resolution might be too high.

Use the following steps:

1. Right-click on the Quartus shortcut icon on your desktop.
  2. Go to Properties->Compatibility.
  3. Click on "Change high DPI settings".
  4. Tick "Override high DPI scaling behavior".
  5. Then under "Scaling performed by:", select "System".
  6. Then restart Quartus and it should be scaled properly.

As a result the resolution will be lower. But I think if you play around with the different options from step 5 you can find one that works for you perfectly both resolution and scaling wise.

I hope this helps!

Nurina

0 Kudos