Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

about transceiver toolkit use

lambert_yu
Beginner

Hi all,

I have one question, if in the system, I only use the RX simplex of transceiver, and TX is from other chips, could I use the transceiver toolkit if I do not use the auto sweep function? If I can, how would I will do ?

Brs,

Lambert

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Lambert,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to interfacing RX simplex XCVR with 3rd party chip using transceiver toolkit. For your information, with simplex mode only and 3rd party chip, you would be able to use toolkit GUI to perform dynamic PMA analog setting tuning ie changing of equalization parameters. However, you would not be able to use the auto-sweep function because the toolkit has no control over the 3rd party TX.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos