Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

alftp components missing in altera_mf_components on Quartus 20.1

I've recently updated from 18.1 Lite to 20.1 Lite and now my build is failing as all altfp components are missing in the declaration file.

I haven't found anything about deprecation of this use. Do I need to compile this megafunctions by myself or can I define them in every file? Is there another workaround?

What's the recommended way to use those megafunctions? I like the use with a USE statement more than generating every megafunction, this way I have all informations I need in the corresponding *.vhd-file instead of an extra folder with compiled megafunctions I need to update and keep an eye of breaking things when multiple IPs are using the same compiled megafunction.

Thanks for your help

Jan

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Jan,

Could you share the design for investigation?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi KhaiY,

I've attached a component (and the used component "st_driver") that's failing compilation on 20.1 with "Error (10482): VHDL error at measure_trigger_time.vhd(75): object "altfp_div" is used but not declared". It worked completely fine with 18.1 as it is.

When I check the library file under "<quartus install dir>/libraries/vhdl/altera_mf/altera_mf_components.vhd" all altfp_* declarations are missing - they are present in the 18.1 version of this file. I could do the component declaration in each file for my own, but I think that's not how it's supposed to be.

Thanks
Jan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The issue seems to lay deeper:

• Just creating a new library with all the altfp_* component declarations from 18.1 failed with component not found
  • Then I tried to use the megafunction compiler to create the used megafunctions. This worked for altfp_div, but alftp_convert just creates an empty *.qip file with not even opening the MegaWizard, failed with "Error (14736): Error: Wizard "ALTFP_CONVERT" cannot be launched."
  • Reinstalling Quartus 20.1 did not help
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

Could you share the design.qar that includes the Quartus project/settings file, qip/qsys, etc? To generate the QAR file, click on Project > Archive Project > Archive.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi KhaiY,

I've created a test project and archived it as my main project is kind of huge and includes internas.

Thanks,

Jan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Jan,

I can reproduce the error here and I will file a case to our engineering team for investigation.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi KhaiY,

thanks.

Greetings

Jan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Jan,

I received the reply from the team, you may create altera_fp_function in version 18.1 and use that instance in version 20.1. In v18.1, a qip file is also generated which will list all the generated files you need to include in your v20.1 project.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos