Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

altera v gt board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i want to program directly the altera v gt board. i generate a 'sof' file and burn it into the fpga1 but not getting the output. is there is any switch setting to direct program the device. i want to use Sw and led on board

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Using the .sof to program the FPGA is fine. However, if you power cycle the board you will need to program the FPGA again. 

If you're 'not getting the output', while the board is powered and programmed, then it's probably pointing to a problem with your code. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can we use pin HSMA_TX_D_P0 to HSMA_TX_D_P16 of HSMC_A port of board Arria V GT as input pin. or it is fix fir transmitting pin

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes - all of those pins can be used as single ended inputs (but not differential inputs). 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to connect a 2 channel ADC at HSMC_A port, where each channel is of 12 bit(differential). So total ADC differential pins are 24( 24 P pins and 24 N pins). so what is the solution to connect this ADC. 

i am using tsw1266 ADC designed by TI.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can't use the HSMA_TX_D_P/N* pins. 

However, across the HSMC_A port (referring to the schematic) you have the HSMA_RX_P/N* pairs and the HSMA_RX_D_P/N* pairs, all of which can be used as input pairs. So, you have 25 pairs. You also still have the HSMA_CLK_P/N 1 & 2 which could be use as additional inputs or clock inputs. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what is the difference between HSMA_RX_P/N* pairs and the HSMA_RX_D_P/N* ? 

if i connect ADC of 24 pair of pin with these pin will it work properly or there is any limitation in HSMA_RX_P/N*
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The HSMA_RX_P/N* pairs connect to Arria V transceivers - high performance compared to other I/O. The HSMA_RX_D_P/N* pairs connect to more 'standard' I/O pins. 

--- Quote Start ---  

is any limitation in HSMA_RX_P/N* 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, you will need to connect the HSMA_RX_P/N* pairs into transceivers. The minimum operating frequency of these is 600Mbps. You will also need to find a way to align the recovered transceiver data with the data coming in through the standard I/O pins. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos