Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

aocl clang exists but not working

mvemp
Novice

I am trying to install the new version v18.1 AOCL. I was able to install quartus pro setup and aocl pro setup file.

When I execute aoc kernel.cl, I get error

" Error: aoc: Executable /opt/FPGA/hld/linux64/bin/../../llvm/bin/aocl-clang exists but is not working!

The cause of failure cannot be determined. Run executable manually and watch for error messages."

and when I execute /aocl-clang I get this error

./aocl-clang: error while loading shared libraries: libdsdk.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea about this?

My path : echo $PATH

/opt/FPGA/hld/bin:/opt/FPGA/quartus/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

My Library path :

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH 

/opt/FPGA/hld/linux64/lib/:/opt/FPGA/hld/board/a10_ref/linux64/lib:/opt/FPGA/hld/host/linux64/lib:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

You have an extra colon at the end of your LD_LIBRARY_PATH; hence, the last path becomes "/opt/FPGA/hld/host/linux64/lib:" instead of "/opt/FPGA/hld/host/linux64/lib" which is invalid. I was scratching my head for 5 minutes as to why your configuration is not working even though it should, until I saw the colon. 😅

mvemp
Novice

I tried changing that.

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/opt/FPGA/hld/linux64/lib:/opt/FPGA/hld/board/a10_ref/linux64/lib:/opt/FPGA/hld/host/linux64/lib

but still same error. I have seen lib files in all these three paths

/opt/FPGA/hld/linux64/lib$ ls

__ocl_svml_e9.so clbltfne9_img_cbk.rtl emu_libs      libaoc_clang_decrypt.so libelf.so.0

__ocl_svml_h8.so clbltfnh8.rtl      libOclCpuBackEnd.so   libaxerces-c.so      libintelocl.so-gdb.py

__ocl_svml_l9.so clbltfnh8_img_cbk.rtl libOclCpuDebugging.so   libaxerces-c.so.26   libintelocl_emu.so

__ocl_svml_z0.so clbltfnl9.rtl      libOpenCL.so      libcl_logger_emu.so   libtask_executor_emu.so

aclomp.so    clbltfnl9_img_cbk.rtl libOpenCL.so.1      libclang_compiler.so   sources

aclomptbb.so    clbltfnz0.rtl      libOpenCL.so.2.0   libcommon_clang.so

cl.cfg       clbltfnz0_img_cbk.rtl libalteracl.so      libcpu_device_emu.so

clbltfne9.rtl    dspba         libalterahalmmd.so   libelf.so

/opt/FPGA/hld/board/a10_ref/linux64/lib$ ls

libaltera_a10_ref_mmd.so

/opt/FPGA/hld/host/linux64/lib$ ls

libOpenCL.so           libaltera_mpfr.so  libaoc_cosim_mmd.so    libelf.so.0 libzmq.so.1

libOpenCL.so.1           libaltera_mpir.so  libaoc_cosim_msim.so    libz.so     libzmq.so.1.0.1

libOpenCL.so.2.0        libalteracl.so    libaoc_cosim_msim32.so libz.so.1   sources

libacl_emulator_kernel_rt.so libalterahalmmd.so libelf.so       libzmq.so

I really dont see libdsdk.so

Do you have this libdsdk.so file in any of your paths? May be my installation is wrong.

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

On my environment that file is located at "*installation_dir*/hld/linux64/lib/". However, I do NOT have that folder added to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and everything seems to work correctly as it is.

0 Kudos
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

@mvemp​ 

Are you still facing this issue or you are able to proceed ?

May I know what version of Linux distribution you are using ?

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos