Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

bblpt service won't start

I'm running Quartus II 8.1 in Windows XP with a (working) CardBus parallel port. Quartus "Add Hardware" dialog shows a "ByteBlasterMV or ByteBlaster II" option for "Hardware type:", but displays "kernel mode driver not installed" for "Port:" 

Running sc query parport indicates that the service is stopped. 

Running sc query parpvdm indicates that the service is stopped. 

sc start ... will not start the services. 

Running bblpt /r removes the service. 

Running bblpt /i reports "Can't start Altera ByteBlaster Service" 

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I thought I used to have to install the ByteBlaster driver manually when I'd first use the Quartus Programmer on a new Windows XP machine. I didn't find the instructions for that where I think they used to be, so maybe the driver is supposed to be installed automatically now. If something went wrong with the automatic installation, http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd09232004_4627.html?gsa_pos=4&wt.oss_r=1&wt.oss=bblpt might help. It's for an issue before Quartus fully supported Windows XP SP2, but the instructions there might solve your problem.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Thanks Brad. That link was what had lead me to the bblpt command. I should have included that running "net start ALTERABYTEBLASTER" returns: 

System error 1068 has occurred. 

The dependency service or group failed to start. 

Also, running "sc start ..." on either parport or parvdm returns: 

[SC] StartService FAILED 1058: 

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. 

Any other suggestions?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello guys, 

I found thread with very good instructions, it helped me a lot :) 

this damn system cant allow me post link, because I am newbie. So, google term "Configuring ByteBlaster and putting Kernal Mode driver to bed" 

It is very good thread on alteraforum
selevo
Novice

My  system win7 x64

Quartus (Quartus Prime 20.1)

And  i viewed  message

Can't start Altera ByteBlaster Service

After bblpt.exe /i

What  solving problem ?