Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15397 Discussions

can't find package ::quartus::stp

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

When I use the command as follows in the quartus_sh, tool said that "can't find package ::quartus::stp". Do you know what's wrong here? But the document shows that stp is the one of package. Thank you.

Command:

package require ::quartus::stp

Package: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf

NuvKFC_0-1624259546039.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Again you'll have to use quartus_stp executable instead of quartus_sh to do that.

Regards,

Nurina

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

If you look at Table 3 of the documentation you shared, the package is only loaded on quartus_stp executable. So you'll have to use quartus_stp instead of quartus_sh.

Regards,

Nurina

Nurina
Employee

Hi,

If you look at Table 3 of the documentation you shared, the package is only loaded on quartus_stp executable. So you'll have to use quartus_stp executable instead of quartus_sh executable.

Regards,

Nurina

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi NurinaW. I get it. Thank you very much. And I have one more question. Does there have any methods to load the stp package in quartus_sh because I want to use "open_session" command which is the part of quartus_stp? I had tried the command as follows picture, but it can't work.

Picture:

NuvKFC_0-1624358414763.png

This command causes an error.

NuvKFC_2-1624359270596.png

Thank you very much.

Nurina
Employee

Again you'll have to use quartus_stp executable instead of quartus_sh to do that.

Regards,

Nurina

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi NurinaW, OK. I understand it. Thank you very much.

Nurina
Employee

You're welcome! I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

NuvKFC
New Contributor I

Hi NurinaW, OK. Really thank you very much. ^0^