Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

can't get revision number from SVN

Busy
Novice

Hello,

I try to get revision number from SVN by using a script file (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/tcl/tcl-svn-revision.html).

When I entered the 'get_revision_info', there is nothing in the 'inp' variable (or line variable) and so I can't retrieve the SVN revision number.

It is strange because when I use 'svn help' command (or 'ls -l') instead of 'svn info' command, 'inp' is correctly populated with the result of the help (or the result of the 'ls -l').

Can you tell me why the procedure is entered with an empty string?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Busy
Novice

Just for information, I resolved the problem by using tclsh executable in Quartus installation file:

$(QUARTUS_HOME)/quartus/linux64/tclsh svn_revision.tcl

instead of:

$(QUARTUS_HOME)/quartus/bin/quartus_sh -t svn_revision.tcl

I should say that I do not understand why it works, but facts are here...

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel
I try to use both of your commands, it ended up with error. Can you attach your design.qar here for us to check?
0 Kudos
Busy
Novice

Hello,

What do you expect?

As I said earlier, I resolved the problem by using '$(QUARTUS_HOME)/quartus/linux64/tclsh' instead of '$(QUARTUS_HOME)/quartus/bin/quartus_sh -t svn_revision.tcl'.

The cause of your error may be due to the absence of SVN in your system... (a .QAR could not help in this case).

Thanks.

0 Kudos