Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

eda sim_lib vlog compile error...missing tennm_atoms_ncrypt.sv

Patriet
Beginner

Trying to conpile eda sim_libs for Mentor and getting an error about missing .sv file.  Error is below. 

Error: # ** Error: (vlog-7) Failed to open design unit file "/apps/quartus_prime/19.2.0/install/quartus/eda/sim_lib/mentor/tennm_atoms_ncrypt.sv" in read mode

This file seems to exist in some versions of Quartus (found it in 19.4) but not in others.  Where do these files come from?  Why are they differnet from version to version?  Should I have tennm_atoms_ncrypt.sv in 19.2 or 19.3 sim_libs?

Thanks for any replies!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Yes, once you installed the Agilex device, the .sv file will be shown. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

I believe the files is used for Agilex devices. I checked,  starting from Quartus Pro version 19.1 and onwards you should be able to see the tennm_atoms_ncrypt.sv files located in the <installation directory>/quartus/eda/sim_lib/mentor/ 

0 Kudos
Patriet
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.  Does that mean those .sv files will not show up unless I install the agilex device family maybe??

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Yes, once you installed the Agilex device, the .sv file will be shown. 

Patriet
Beginner

Thank you, that worked.  I installed the Agilex device family and the missing files appeared.  Please note that Agilex devices are not supported until 19.3.

0 Kudos