Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

error aocl: unable to determine...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi 

i've installed the intel SDK, and even if i run the init_opencl script, when i try aocl <arg>, i get the following error message: 

aocl: Unable to determine the execution environment of the Intel(R) FPGA Runtime Environment for OpenCL(TM). 

aocl: Detailed error: Could not find root directory for the SDK: could notfind the 'share' directory 

i don't understand the cause of this error, <INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT>\share exist :confused:. can anyone help me ? thanks for your help
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You set environment variables ALTERAOCLSDKROOT, AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT and more other from *** conflicting manuals of XXI Century ? 

Please get more info about your versions.
0 Kudos
KUcar
Novice

Hi;

I have same praoblem to. I work on Quartus 18.1 Standart edition and De1-soc board. My environment variables are:

AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT ----->D:\intelFPGA\18.1\hld\board\terasic\de1soc

INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT ----> D:\intelFPGA\18.1\hld.

I get errors;

aoc: Unable to determine the execution environment of the Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM).

aoc:   Detailed error: Internal error: Path to SOPC Builder directory is not found!.

Could you help me solve the problem. Thank you.

AUlHa
Beginner

Same problem as KUcar. Please shed some light on the issue. All the environment variables are set correctly.

0 Kudos