Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

error while Using SignalTap

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using SignalTap on a somewhat old FPGA design in a statixgx. This existing design was created using QuartusII 3.0 and I must stick with it because the SERDES has a feature which is no longer supported by altera. 

After creating my stp file with the SignalTap editor, I compile successfully and I see a new version of the pof and sof files. 

I can download the sof file but, when I click the 'Run Analysis' button, I get the following error. 

Error: Can't run SignalTap II -- download a design with the current SRAM Object File 

What am I missing?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

- The respective SignalTap file must be enabled for the design. This is done automaticly in most cases, but you should check it. 

- You may have downloaded a different file, e.g. a same name *.sof from a different directory. 

- The configuration may have been reset by the on-chip configuration controller, or by an external hardware (e.g. a microprocessor or external configuration controller). On-chip configuration controller can be halted by a tools option. Disabling external controllers may be a problem with designs, that didn't consider debugging requirements.
0 Kudos