Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

error while compiling rom in quartus ii 11.0 version

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am karthik ameture in quartus. I am trying to compile a quartus project. However I get an error while compiling the ROM component (generated via megafunction wizard). The error is as below :- 

Error: MGL_INTERNAL_ERROR: Parameter altsyncram|WIDTH_A has no default value and has not been assigned any value. CAUSE : An attempt was made to access the value of a parameter which has no default, and has not been assigned a value. All parameters should have a default value, or, if the parameter is a required parameter, an assignment should be made. ACTION : Specify a value for the parameter or if the parameter is an optional parameter, specify a default value. 

Do you know what exactly is the problem ? Please help us with this. 

Thanks, 

regards  

karthik
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi , 

How exactly are you generating this ROM , the error is about the width of a Port either its a Addres bus width or data bus width . 

Maybe you have missed defining the width . 

Or maybe you could share the code with me and i can see whats wrong . 

Regards , 

--- Quote Start ---  

I am karthik ameture in quartus. I am trying to compile a quartus project. However I get an error while compiling the ROM component (generated via megafunction wizard). The error is as below :- 

Error: MGL_INTERNAL_ERROR: Parameter altsyncram|WIDTH_A has no default value and has not been assigned any value. CAUSE : An attempt was made to access the value of a parameter which has no default, and has not been assigned a value. All parameters should have a default value, or, if the parameter is a required parameter, an assignment should be made. ACTION : Specify a value for the parameter or if the parameter is an optional parameter, specify a default value. 

Do you know what exactly is the problem ? Please help us with this. 

Thanks, 

regards  

karthik 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi , 

thank u, 

i have generated ram using megawizard plugin manager in Quartus ii 11.0 

i am including the rom file please help me in this regard