Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

generate ekp file for arria 10 GX device

NZami
Beginner

Hi,

I compile my design with quartus 19.1 for arria 10  GX device and get a sof file.

then I want to generate encryption JIC file. I follow altera instruction but when I add the sof file and press the properties I have only  SOF Files Properties nd not  SOF Files Properties: Bitstream Encryption dialog box (can only choose the compression option).

could anyone help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Have you follow the instruction in AN556: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an556.pdf in generating .ekp File and Encrypting Configuration File (Page 13)?

Let me know your feedback.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NZami
Beginner
Hi, yes I tried to do the steps according to this document but when I reached step j (I think) press the properties of the sof file I add only compression option and not the compression and encryption option and then I stuck. I tried to understand why I don't have the encryption option. Thanks Niv.
0 Kudos
NZami
Beginner

still wait for answer. I be glad for some help here.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response.

Per your response, you are following the correct steps. I have tested, and i got SOF Files Properties: Bitstream Encryption . Can you attach the screenshot of the SOF Files Properties? And what is Quartus 19.1 that you use( Lite, Standard, PRO)?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NZami
Beginner

Hi Aiman

I used quartus 19.1 standard edition

I attach picture of what I got from the sof properties

could it be that I miss somesnip_20200709134248.pngthing in the quartus installation?

Niv.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response.

1. No. You cannot generate ekp file while using temporary license. Are you using temporary license? Hence I assume that's the reason why you encountered this issue.
  2. Yes, it is possible to run ekp generation on virtual machine. We have tried that before.
  3. We have open your .sof file, however we failed to install your design template into our quartus. (We have tried using quartus and no machine with different computer)

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
nicoh
Beginner

hi, 

I have the same problem.

I'm trying to generate an encrypted .JIC file.

I was able to generate the .epk file (I have a Quartus license) 

BTW, I'm using Arria2

0 Kudos