Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

how to compile vhdl package in quartus ii

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when I comile my project,it says can't find IEEE.VITAL_memory. 

I find it really no IEEE.VITAL_memory package in my current quartus ii 6.0 edition. 

so I down memory_p.vhd and memory_b.vhd which including the VITAL_memory and add them to the ieee library directroy. 

but when i complie again ,it also says can't find IEEE.VITAL_memory. 

in fact ,in $QUARTUS_ROOT/libraries/vhdl/ieee directory,there are memory_p.vhd and memory_b.vhd just like other files like prmtvs_b.vhd, prmtvs_p.vhd,timing_b.vhdl,timing_p.vhdl etc. 

maybe need to recompile ieee ? I tried and i didn't make it ,perhaps I don't know how to do. 

I want to ask : how can I compile the VITAL_memory package into the IEEE libaray or recomplie ieee ,and then I can use it like this 

library IEEE; 

use IEEE.VITAL_memory.ALL; 

tks u very much!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I had similar issue as I was connecting a memory model to my design and this relied on the VITAL library. 

I think your problem is the fact that you are pointing to the vital95 library but your design relies on the fact that you need to point to the vital2000 libraries. 

In modelsim if you expand the ieee library it more than likely you are pointing to the following path 

$MODEL_TECH/../vhdl_src/vital95/prmtvs_p.vhd 

$MODEL_TECH/../vhdl_src/vital95/timing_p.vhd 

you really need the following 

$MODEL_TECH/../vhdl_src/vital2000/prmtvs_p.vhd 

$MODEL_TECH/../vhdl_src/vital2000/timing_p.vhd 

If you cannot get this to work then send me your modelsim.ini file and I will amend it for you 

Hope this helps
0 Kudos