Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

how to program hex file of a NIOS II project addional in bitstream programming process?

FMutt1
Beginner

Hello,

I want to add the .hex output file of a simple NIOS II project into the download process of the bitstream in quartus. I already ​added the .qip file (necessary for memory initialization) to my quartus project. But the software isn't processed after programming. Programming and running the software via JTAG-UART works.

I am using the Quartus Prime Lite Edtion 18.0. with the DEO-NANO development board (CYCLONE IV EP4CE22F17C6N as on board FPGA).

So what can be the reason for my problem? What do I have to add in my development process? What do I forget?

Best regards Florian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JOHI
New Contributor II

Hello,

Add a rom memory component to your .Qys platform and use the .hex as an initialization file for the component.

Be careful not to use licensed IP in your configuration.

Best Regards,

Johi.

0 Kudos
FMutt1
Beginner

​Hello,

thank you for your answer. I added a ROM but it didn't worked. Do I have to add a BOOT Copier at my software and if yes how?

Best regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Here you can find the required info about the NIOS II boot copier. Please check: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/lro1432739743862.html#lro1432740750432 Regards,
0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Do you see this info sent before is useful? Regards.
0 Kudos