Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

import qsys system

AhmadZaklouta
Beginner

Hey!

I am quite new to Quartus (coming from Vivado). 

I have a project that have 3 qsys systems (Quartus prime pro edition) and I want to import one of the system to anothe project. 

I can add the qsys file to my project but what I want is importing the system to reside in the new project directory.

Is there a way to that or shall I copy the qsys system folder myself and put it in the new project?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You can move the files, but what you have to do for sure is associate the .qsys with the different Pro project.

To move or copy the files, from the Platform Designer File menu, select Archive System to create a .zip of everything you need.  Use Restore Archive System to copy/move.

Then, to associate the system with a Quartus project, select Select Quartus Project, again from Platform Designer File menu.  Select the .qpf file for the new project you want to use.

0 Kudos
AhmadZaklouta
Beginner
0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi AhmadZaklouta,

Based on the suggestion provided by sstrell, is your concern has been addressed?

If yes, kindly do let me know.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
AhmadZaklouta
Beginner
0 Kudos
AhmadZaklouta
Beginner

when I try to restore the files in the platform designer, I am getting this error message

Error: Factory com.altera.sopcfactories.QsysFactory reading E:/tryout/comp/qsys/hps_qsys/hps_qsys.qsys exception com.altera.utilities.altNode.AltNodeException: (in-memory string): The prefix "ipxact" for element "ipxact:design" is not bound. (XML)

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Just wanted to check with you, is your concern has been addressed?

If yes , kindly do let me know.

Thank You

0 Kudos
AhmadZaklouta
Beginner

Archieving the project does not work. 

I am coping the files for each qsys to another project. it is not fun but it works.

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos