Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

just received a Cyclone 10 LP kit. Simple examples work fine but the design store examples for Nios|| fail to build. Am using 18.1 Lite. Doesn't have a Qsys entry in Tools menu.

DHarl3
Beginner

"hello world" examples fails on EDA Netlist Writer stage with Unconstrained error on SYS_CLK50M field.

"reference design" - philosophers example compiles wihtout doing EDA stage.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have used Cyclone 10 LP Nios II 'Hello World' Design which work fine without any error.(opened .par ->upgrade -> start compilation)

Try again downloading the example or create your own design by referring to below link.

https://fpgawiki.intel.com/uploads/2/2d/C10LP_Nios_II_Hello_World_Lab_Manual.pdf

Can you share image of you EDA netlist setting or your project itself.

lite18.1.JPG

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
DHarl3
Beginner
Hi Anana, thanks for ur reply to the query re Nios2 problem. I got it working ok and am enjoying playing around with the system a bit. The problem I had I thinks stems from the documentation being a bit out of date. The pdf guide from the design store talked about compiling the nios2 core from a qsr source whereas all you have to do is add the qip file to your project and compile. I traced the compile problem in EDA to a message like "functional simulation is the only simulation available for the device type but is turned off". I turned it on at settings -> EDA -> More EDA Netlist Writer Settings -> Generate functional simulation netlist, and compilation was successful. That was before I added the qip file, hence I dont know if it was necessary, but it was still turned on when I compiled with the qip file added without problems. Thanks again for ur response P.S. Do u know of any documentation for the JTAG UART interface that lets you interact with the board from ur own programs without using the nios2-terminal program. I can always redirect  the stdin, stdout of nios2-terminal which is probably easier anyway. P.P.S. I was using quartus 18.1 Lite on Linux.
0 Kudos