Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

load_rtl_netlist can't read compiler database

Diego2
Novice

Hello

I'm new to Quartus and I'm trying to read back an elaborated design from quartus_syn, however when I run the 'load_rtl_netlist' I get the following error:

ERROR: Can't read compiler database. Run the Analysis and Synthesis (quartus_map) successfully before using this command.

My flow is the following

1. Create project using the 'project_new ...' command
  2. Set the top module and load the RTL files
  3. Run analysis and elaboration using 'execute_flow -analysis_and_elaboration'
  4. Call 'load_rtl_netlist'

I can execute steps 1-3 without issues, but I get errors when loading the netlist. Is there any step that I'm missing?

I'm running Quartus Prime Pro 19.4.0.64

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may check the available command for each Quartus executables here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you explain why you need to run this command?  You can simply synthesize the design (as the error says) and then use tools based on the post-synthesis netlist like the RTL Viewer.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

I have reported this to our developer. You may use GUI: Tools > Netlist Viewers > RTL Viewer as a workaround at the moment.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
Diego2
Novice

Thanks

I'd like to run this command so that I can port my automation scripts from the xilinx environment. Is there any other command I could use to perform RTL search operations? Things like [get_ports ...], [get_clocks ...] etc?

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may check the available command for each Quartus executables here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos